Alex Blevins is a dedicated West Virginia defense lawyer with a concentration in the areas of medical malpractice, professional liability, employment liability and general civil litigation defense. A native of Barboursville, West Virginia, Mr. Blevins graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Economics from West Virginia University in 2018 and received his J.D. from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2021. Through his work and education, Mr. Blevins has gained valuable experience necessary to make him a successful advocate for his clients, including drafting various motions and briefs at the Circuit Court and appellate levels, passionately representing clients throughout depositions and hearings and navigating complex litigation issues to favorable resolutions. As a lifetime resident of West Virginia, Mr. Blevins is committed to providing an exceptional defense for health care providers and businesses around the state.
- Insurance Defense
- Civil Litigation
- General Negligence Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Employment Law
- JURIS DOCTOR, West Virginia University, College of Law, 2021
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, Economics, West Virginia University, 2018
- West Virginia, 2021
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- All West Virginia Circuit Courts and Magistrate Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Cabell County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Involved in the briefing of several key appellate issues for cases argued before both the West Virginia Intermediate Court of Appeals and West Virginia Supreme Court.
- Obtained pretrial summary judgment in premises liability action.
- Involved in the defense of claims alleging damages in excess of 10 million dollars.